Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Call to Prayer

The sages state that anyone who prays in the Temple in Jerusalem, "it is as if he has prayed before the throne of glory because the gate of heaven is situated there and it is open to hear prayer."[85]
Dear Friends and Family:

I have been given an amazing opportunity to go to the Holy Land next week with my mother.  We will be gone May 16-26th, staying in Jerusalem as our home base, and going out from there to learn and see.  We will live for the week very near the entrance to the Old City of Jerusalem, just a 15-minute walk from the Western Wall of the Temple Mount, also known as the Wailing Wall.  If you would like, I will happily take any prayer requests you may have with me, and, as is tradition, write them on papers that I will slip into the cracks of the wall.  I will pray for these people, places and things throughout my whole trip, too.  I would also appreciate your prayers for my journey.  Israel-Palestine is one of the safer areas of the middle east right now, but as you know, anything can happen.  I look forward to sharing the fruits of my journey with you when I return.

Please post any prayer concerns you may have in the comments, or email me with private concerns.

In peace,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. What a kind offer! I accept. Please pray for RW's migraines and my studies? --Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a simple prayer for peace.

    ReplyDelete